Thursday, January 14, 2010

i can't fly this plane

Today, I saw an "On-The-Go 1" playlist under the "Christmas Time" playlist in my iTunes.

The only song in it is Shiny Toy Guns' We are Pilots. 

I think the naming of the song is funny because if it means we are pilots of our lives, the song isn't about controlling your life at all. It's more like questioning it, or life being completely out of our control, not doing anything, but being glum about it. 

I remembered why it was the only song in there:
It's pretty much the story of my life, besides a few points, but maybe 99% of it, I can relate to. If you have never heard the song, or the band, I really suggest you listen to the song. . .or the band in general.
"I guess I'm under the weather
Since no one else belongs here with me"
That's pretty much how I feel all the time; like an apathetic pitiful little downer.

I can quote practically the whole song and tell you how it pertains to my life but I think I'd bore you, so to sum it all up, I have many secrets, I just sort of avoid my problems, sometimes I do cry all night, I'm accepting that I can't do what I really want to do, just for the sake of my mom, the chorus should say hello mother twice in my case because my dad doesn't matter. I don't live with him so there really isn't much to sing about. [that is such a lie]

Go enlighten yourself with some music if you have no fucking idea what I'm talking about.
If you do, then. . .congratulations.

No comments:

Post a Comment